Making a Splash While Learning at Home
Children love water, whether it is a pond, puddle, water table, pool or even just the faucet. As we navigate these warmer months, their natural love of water creates opportunities for play and learning while keeping cool and content. Iowa PBS brings you a variety of budget-friendly ideas to make learning a splash!
- Learn and Play With Water
- Fun and Easy Ideas for Water Play With Preschoolers
- Trace Words on the Sidewalk
- Practice Math Skills with Sidewalk Math
- Design a Penny Boat
- Sink or Float? The Ice Block Science Experiment
- Frozen Chalk Paint
- Float Natural Ice Boats
- Build a Dam and Explore Water Flow
- Learn About Measurements With Water Play
- Investigate How Objects Sink or Float in Different Types of Water
- Learn Along Bingo for Ages 2-5: Freezing and Melting
- Learn Along Bingo for Ages 6-8: Freezing and Melting
- Easy Science: Sink or Float?
- Observing Ice
- Create a DIY Pond Viewer
- Build a Recycled Sailboat
- Experiment With Water Drops
We encourage you to try these hands-on activities with your child and make memories while learning and staying cool this summer.