Connecting With Your Kids Through Traditions
- Get inspired to create a new tradition with these ideas from PBS KIDS.
- Read how you can help nurture grandparent-grandbaby relationships in the early years and beyond.
- Create a new holiday to celebrate with your family!
- Use these elements from Let’s Go Luna to help your child feel connected to your family’s cultural history.
- Hear how the Sac and Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa gathers each year to celebrate customs passed down through the generations.
- Submit your family-favorite recipe to our Iowa recipe collection in celebration of The Great American Recipe.
- Find a new way to spend some quality time together as a family.
- Food brings family together. Document your family recipe to share with others.
- Spread some kindness as a family! You can create a May Day basket any time of year.
- Learn about Día de los Muertos by making tissue paper marigolds.
- Create an audio recording of a family tradition to share with other family members.
- Start a conversation! Talk about traditions with your children.
- Find new places to explore across Iowa and make new traditions! Check out these trip lists perfect for your family from our friends at Travel Iowa.
- Explore activities for children through the State Historical Society of Iowa’s Goldie’s Kids Club!
- Create a new family recipe! Get inspired from Iowa Ingredient.