Make beautiful spring butterflies out of recycled toilet paper rolls!
- Toilet paper roll
- Twigs/sticks (one thick and two thin)
- Glue gun
- Cut your toilet paper roll into four equal-sized pieces. Bend these at both ends so they form a "wing" shape.
- Paint the twig bodies and antennae black.
- Paint some fancy designs on the inside and outside of your "wings."
- Let the paint dry.
- Glue it all together! Glue the antennae (two thin twigs) onto the twig body (thick twig) and then glue the wings onto either side of the twig body. Let it dry.
Maureen Macmillan is one half of the blog Twig and Toadstool. It's a space where beautiful crafts are made primarily out of natural materials. Crafts that are inspired by Mother Nature, embellished with glitter, whimsy and imagination! Maureen is a mother of two beautiful girls, and she feels so fortunate to live in a part of Eastern Ontario where she is surrounded by the beauty of the natural world and a community of parents who encourage creativity and JOY!
Iowa PBS STEAM Activities and Crafts provided by PBS KIDS Parents