Angie Lampe, Costume Designer
Greetings From Iowa | Episode
Sep 29, 2021 | 6 min
Angie Lampe brings characters to life through her work as a costume designer at the Des Moines Playhouse.
- Angie Lampe is the costume designer at the Des Moines Playhouse. She's done almost 300 shows in her 28 year career.
- Good costuming brings a character to life. It helps you understand their story.
- It's more than sewing. They make shoes, hats, corsets, lingerie … whatever it takes.
- The Des Moines Playhouse is home to a massive collection of costumes.
- Angie says, "It's fun to be creative.... I love looking at the world and thinking, how can I tell that story, or how can I create that?"