Episode 602 | The Film Lounge
Iowa’s only broadcasted film festival returns with 10 films produced by Iowa filmmakers, showcasing stirring documentaries, wistful art films and thrilling dramas.
Storytellers share their work and give insight into how their films were made. Plus, go behind the scenes of a CGI short film spectacle and a Southern Iowa film festival.
In this episode, five Iowa filmmaker projects are showcased with an all access pass to the Southern Iowa Snake Alley Festival of Film.
- Earth FM is a minimalist, experimental sci-fi film about imaginary science and sonic symbiosis. Created by Philip Rabalais, Fairfield.
- A Seussian Trip is an art film, more specifically a fashion art film, inspired by the painterly colors of a whimsical garment and the environment that inspired it. Created by Cynthia O’Hern, Katie Jensen and Bruce James Bales, Des Moines.
- Green Witch is an eerie short film that allows us time to rethink our connection with the natural world. Created by Antoinette Lavalle, Des Moines.
- Debut is a documentary illustrating the hard work of a young man working for years to fulfill a lifetime dream of becoming a professional wrestler. Created by Connor Hopkins, Decorah.
- The Atmosphere is an experimental new media performance work exploring movement, gesture and presence. Created by Amenda Tate, Des Moines.
- Behind The Scenes: Snake Alley Festival of Film: An all access pass to the Southern Iowa Snake Alley Festival of Film.