Crisis Resources for Families
In times of unimaginable crisis, it's hard to know how to support the children we care for. If you are looking for additional resources on guiding children through a traumatic situation, public media's Meet the Helpers series and Sesame Street Communities' crisis resources can help:
All resources from Sesame Street are available in English and Spanish
- About Community and Gun Violence
- 1,2,3, Count on Me
- I Can Stay Safe worksheet
- We’re Not Alone Music Video
- Staying Safer in Unsafe Environments
- Trauma and the Body
- Meet the Helpers on PBSLearningMedia is a good resource for teachers and educators for conversations in the classroom.
- Crisis Tips for Families and Caregivers
- What Does a Teacher Do to Help Us During School Emergencies?
- How to Talk to Children if There has Been an Emergency in Your Community