Celebrate Earth Month With Us!
It’s Earth Month and April 22 is Earth Day! Our planet is amazing, but it needs our help to thrive. This holiday gives us a chance to reflect on our daily choices that impact our planet. There are many ways to do your part at home and in your town.
What do you and your community do to celebrate Earth Day? Nature is our neighbor and you and your family can celebrate Earth Day every day at home in so many ways. The first step to loving the Earth is to learn about it, and what better way to learn than through family fun activities, crafts and more!
Be a super recycler:
- Play AJ’s Recycle Rescue.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle with Ready Jet Go!
- Learn about junk with Iowa PBS’s Abby Brown.
- Make a composter at home!
Get outside and explore:
- Create a natural journal.
- Meet the trees as you explore the outdoors.
- Create a nature walk notebook.
- Track your weather this spring!
- Play Dinosaur Train’s Fossil Finder.
Create a nature inspired craft:
- Make leaf rubbings after your nature walk.
- Create a paper plate aquarium with these simple supplies.
- Paint with nature and create a masterpiece!
- Learn about wild plants from Molly of Denali.
- Explore native flowers with CyberChase.
- Cultivate your child’s curiosity with these tips.
- Grow an herb garden with your children!
- Play Park Builder with Nature Cat.
Clean up your community:
- Play Space Waste Odyssey.
- Participate in the Litter Crusade Brigade from Nature Cat.
- Save resources on how you can make a difference with your children.
- Play Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Clean Up.
Celebrate Earth Day every day!