Who says you can't play (and learn) with your food. In this fun Peg + Cat activity, explore the fractions of 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 while eating delicious pizza.
- Pizza crusts sized 8" or smaller
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Additional toppings (optional)
- Pizza cutter
- Printable: Pizza fractions placemat (PDF)
- Printable: Pizza fractions game cards (PDF)
- Print and cut one set of game cards and as many pizza fraction placemats as you have party guests. Print one extra pizza placemat.
- Spread pizza sauce on the pizza crusts and top with mozzarella cheese and additional toppings.
- Bake the pizzas according to the directions on the pizza crust package.
- Using the extra placemat as a guide, cut each pizza into eighths.
- Lay out the fraction game cards and have party guests use their placemats to figure out what fraction of their pizza should be eaten to match each game card. Keep playing until all the pizza is gone!
This craft comes to you from the creators of Peg + Cat.
Iowa PBS STEAM Activities and Crafts provided by PBS KIDS Parents.