Teach your child about money and saving with this cute piggy bank craft for kids.
- 1 water bottle
- 5 water bottle caps
- 1 bigger bottle cap
- Pink paint
- Glue gun
- Googly eyes
- Pink construction paper
- Pink pipe cleaner
- Paint your bottle and bottle caps pink.
- While the paint is drying, curl the pipe cleaner around your finger to make the tail.
- Cut triangular ears out of the pink construction paper.
- Fold the ears in half so they look more like piggy ears.
- Once the paint is dry, glue the legs, eyes, tail, nose and ears onto your pig.
- Cut a hole in the back big enough to fit a quarter or folder dollar bill through.
- Start putting and saving money in your new bank!
Tracey Kite is a work-at-home mother of two who started crafting with her daughters as a way to spend more time with them.
Iowa PBS STEAM Activities and Crafts provided by PBS KIDS Parents