Solar System Art
Create your own solar system with paper, paint and a spray bottle!
- Black sheet of cardstock paper
- Spray bottle
- White paint
- Glue stick
- Variety of brightly colored pieces of card stock paper
- Glitter glue (optional)
- Star stickers (optional)
- Put a small amount of white paint in the spray bottle and dilute it with water.
- Spray a couple of sprays onto the black sheet of cardstock to create a galaxy look. Let the paint dry completely.
- Draw different sized circles onto a variety of brightly colored pieces of card stock. These will be the planets, so make them different sizes.
- Cut out the circles and glue them onto your black paper.
- Add whatever details you'd like to your planets with crayons and glitter glue. To make shooting stars, add a gold star on the end of a tail of glitter glue.
- Once it's dry, you'll have an "out of this world" solar system!
Rachel Nipper is a mother of three who has a love for children's literature and arts and crafts.
Iowa PBS STEAM Activities and Crafts provided by PBS KIDS Parents.