Make a Shapes Robot
Combine two things that every kid loves, shapes and robots, to make this cute shapes robot craft.
- Empty, rectangular cardboard box
- Different colors of paper
- School glue
- Glue gun
- Tape (optional)
- Break your box at the seams and open it inside out. It's best to use a box with no writing on the inside, but you can always cover the writing with construction paper or paint the box if needed. Flatten it.
- Cut out an assortment of shapes from the different colored paper. For smaller children, show them how they can arrange the shapes to form a robot. Older children can design their own robot. Use this part of the activity to point out the names of the shapes for smaller children, like "What does the triangle look like?" and "What part of the robot should the square be used to make?"
- As you begin to see the design of your robot coming together, start gluing shapes to the cardboard.
- Glue or tape the seams of the box back together. Make sure the box is inside out, with your robot design showing.
Iowa PBS STEAM Activities and Crafts provided by PBS KIDS Parents.