Search for textured treasures! From a prickly pine cone to a soft sweater, everything we touch has texture. How many textures can you find inside or outside of your house? Race the clock or race a friend with this printable scavenger hunt.
- Print the scavenger hunt table. Print two if you’re playing with a friend.
- Begin hunting for textures on your list. Texture describes the feel or appearance of an object or the material an object is made from.
- When you find something, draw a picture or write the object's name next to its matching texture.
More Ways to Play
- Instead of drawing or writing, snap photos with a digital camera.
- In the spaces on your list, make crayon rubbings of the textures you find.
- Target your scavenger hunt. Look for objects in nature, in your kitchen or on your walk to school.
- Explore other senses. Find things with different colors, smells or tastes — if found in the kitchen, of course!
This activity comes to you from the creators of Team Hamster & Ruff Ruffman.
Iowa PBS STEAM Activities and Crafts provided by PBS KIDS Parents.