Market to Market Classroom
Agriculture has a rich tradition of embracing technology to improve crop production, revolutionize how farmers run their business, and change the face of rural communities. Innovations such as the invention of the plow, refrigerated railcars, the Internet, and the development of genetically modified crops all have played pivotal roles in helping U.S. farmers become the most productive in the world. Iowa PBS's Market to Market Classroom challenges students to explore the connections among science, technology and agriculture; and to imagine a new scientific, technical, or engineering innovation to solve a specific problem.
Market to Market Classroom connects your curriculum with stories about the science, technology, culture, and business of agriculture from the nation's longest-running agribusiness television program.
- Each learning module builds upon core subject content and emphasizes critical thinking, research, and communication skills.
- Resources connect with learning outcomes in agriculture, science, social studies, and English/language arts classrooms.
Each module includes the following classroom resources:
- Online videos provide current reporting and in-depth background information on the people, issues, and events that shape agriculture today. New videos are added to each module regularly. Transcripts and captions are provided for all videos.
- Background essays introduce concepts and summarize key themes
- Research challenges guide students through their project-based investigation
- Discussion questions engage critical thinking
- Related resources support student investigation and teacher instruction
Find out more at the Market to Market Classroom website.