Iowa PBS's High School Mentorship Program
To broaden opportunities for minority and/or female students, Iowa PBS is offering a television production mentorship program for summer 2023.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Applicants must have completed their sophomore, junior or senior year.
The unpaid mentorship program will give two in-person students and one hybrid learning student the opportunity to learn about and observe all aspects of media journalism including videography, lighting, editing, graphic design, web production and storytelling. Each student will interact directly with Iowa PBS personnel during the process of creating broadcast and online content and will be challenged to create their own content.
Iowa PBS’s High School Mentorship Program begins with orientation on June 8, 2023 and runs through August 2, 2023. Students will have the opportunity to work with Iowa PBS staff during the production of any number of the following television programs:
- Market to Market
- Iowa Press
- In Their Words
- Iowa PBS new Iowa travel show
- Iowa PBS new Iowa magazine show
How to Apply
Interested applicants should...
- Complete an Iowa PBS Voluntary Mentorship Application.
- Provide a letter of support from a school advisor or community leader.
- Write a one-page summary about themselves that describes their interest in television production and outlines their qualifications to be part of Iowa PBS’s Mentorship Program.
Materials should be submitted by May 4, 2023 to:Iowa PBS
PO Box 6450
Johnston, IA 50131
Applicants will be notified after May 24, 2023.