Iowa Science Phenomena
Iowa Science Phenomena is a growing collection of science phenomena resources created, curated and collected by Iowa educators for use in the classroom.
- More than 150 media-based phenomena...and counting.
- Video clips, images, 360° VR experiences and links to public datasets.
- Authentic Iowa-specific phenomena from diverse areas of the state.
- Supporting and driving questions, investigation ideas and related resources.
- Phenomena developed, aligned and vetted by Iowa teachers.
- Teaching materials that provide guidance related to phenomena-based best practices.
The collection emphasizes the identification and publication of Iowa-specific phenomena, particularly those that represent locally-relevant or unique concepts. The standards-aligned resources and teaching guides are developed to help you implement phenomena-based and place-based teaching practices in your classroom.